37 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year)
Support Staff Scale Point 26 - £23,336 FTE
Reporting to the Student Services Manager and working within the Student Services Team, the college is seeking a suitably experienced staff member to support the wellbeing of students by establishing supportive, caring and secure relationships.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual who is able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
We are seeking someone who:
• Is proactive, resilient and has high aspirations in all aspects of college life
• Has experience of offering immediate support to students identified as having complex pastoral needs and concerns which place them at risk
• Has experience of working in a high pressured, pastoral environment
Ideally, you should:
• Be well motivated, passionate and well organised
• Have significant knowledge of Safeguarding and Prevent
• Have Grade C passes in English and Maths, or equivalent
A good sense of humour and a flexible nature is essential!
All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Interviews will take place as and when suitable applications are received, therefore this role may close prior to the listed end date.
Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.